Winter Magic in the mountains
Experience unforgettable winter holidays in the idyllic winter landscape of the Zillertal Arena. The area includes the villages Zell, Gerlos und Königsleiten.
The local ski schools give every beginner the opportunity of learning to ski, and advanced skiers the chance to increase their skills. Children and teens are in good hands here, whether they have never tried skiing or want to get back into it.
Aprés ski fun at the over 30 huts and snow bars is known far beyond Austria's borders and guarantees unforgettable holdays. Zell-Hainzenberg presents itself as an eventful entrance to the Zillertal Arena, with the longest illuminated natural toboggan run (7 km long), and the leisure park in Zell am Ziller.
Maybe you want to let everything progess at its own pace while enjoying cross-country skiing in the snow-covered mountains.
The marvellous winter landscape invites you to take romantic walks on numerous winter walking paths.
The Family Arena in the Zillertal
Centrally situated in the Zillertal, Zell am Ziller is the perfect entrance point to the Zillertal Arena, the valley's largest ski area.
- 143 piste kilometers - 11 km black, 89 km red, 43 km blue
- 52 lifts - 318 hectares of pistes
- family ski area Gerlosstein in Hainzenberg
- Children's paradise - 11 ski and snowboard schools
- 31 huts and snow bars - 200 km of cross-country tracks - 3 permanent race tracks
- Snowpark Gerlos, Action Park Kreuzwiese, and Funpark Hochkrimml
- Arena Coaster - the new experience - right next to the bottom station in Zell
- 1 artificial ice rink - 2 indoor tennis courts / squash
- 7 km (night) toboggan run (Gerlosstein), illuminated toboggan runs in Gerlos and Krimml
- Snowtubing (Gerlosstein)
- free ski bus stops right by our house
- total lift transportation capacity of 87,700 people per hour
- 4 SkiMovie tracks, 4 SpeedCheck tracks, and 4 photopoints
Winter holidays in the Tyrol must include a proper toboggan race with a stop at a cabin! The longest toboggan run in the Zillertal is a challegen. The ascent on the Gerlosstein lift to the start at 1,650 m altitude is fast and comfortable - and then the race along 7 km can begin. The toboggan run is illuminated until 01:00 a.m., leaving enough time to make a stop at one of the many bars and restaurants.
TOBOGGAN RUN OPENING HOURS
Daily from 10:00 to 16:30
Monday - Saturday: 19:45 to 01:00
Rent a toboggan right by the bottom station of the Gerlosstein lift :
- Rodelverleih Eberharter, Tel. 0043 5282 3545
- Rodelcenter Hainzenberg, Tel. 0043 664 8667065
- Taxi Schneidinger, Tel. 0043 5282 2255
- Taxi Lois*, Tel. 0043 5282 2625
*Guests are picked up at their respective accomodation. Call for pricing info!
Tel. No. Gerlosstein lift: 0043 5282 2275 11 0043 5282 2275 11
Zell am Ziller is an eventful holiday spot in the largest ski area of the valley, the Zillertal Arena. In the Leisure Park Zell you can enjoy a vast range of indoor and outdoor activities and spend exciting days with the entire family.
Glide across the ice on an area of 1,800 m², accompanied by music, and enjoy the time with your loved ones. Ice hockey and curling are popular activities and turn the time on the ice into an experience. Ice skating and curling rental facilities available (opening hours according to notice - info availble at the Zell Tourism Office).
The leisure park features a tennis center with 3 indoor courts. Enjoy the view on the surrounding landscape through large glass fronts even while playing. A modern 4-lane bowling alley also provides enjoyable hours. Spend a fun and exciting evening with your entire family.
In the restaurant-café, you can savour wonderful regional and international delicacies. Warm up and invigorate yourself while watching your loved ones on the ice rink or the tennis court - and all that with the marvellous view of the surrounding mountains of the Zillertal Arena.